Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chapter 3

Enrico arrived at the place where his “associates” had supposedly lost the boy. He looked around. He didn't see the boy. Enrico decided to hide somewhere and wait for the boy to return. If criminals always return to the crime scene, he figured, so would the victims.

But where could he hide? The only place Enrico deemed good enough was a large white house. He saw an open window and climbed in. Now it was time to wait until the boy returned.

David decided it was ridiculous that he still hadn't remembered the name of the girl who helped him. He asked her, “I seem to have forgotten your name. Could you remind me of it?” She looked surprised. “Come on, David. Don't you remember me? I am Jennifer. We were dating three years ago, until you were sent to war. You said you'd never forget me.” “Oh, I'm sorry,” said David, “But I don't remember that at all. Now I think of it, I don't remember anything anymore.”

It was a lie. As soon as Jennifer told David her name and what happened three years ago, it all came back to him. He also remembered he always had been a jerk. An annoying feeling appeared in his stomach. He felt guilty about lying to her. Although he didn't think she knew it was just a trick to dump her, he had to make up somehow. “I'm so grateful you kinda saved my life,” said David, “is there anything I can do to help?” Jennifer thought about it. “I think I do know something,” she said, “You can take out the trash.” He didn't know what he had expected, but it was certainly not this, thought David as he dragged the bag full of garbage to the trashcan outside.

Just when Enrico dozed away, his Eskimo-sense started tingling. He looked out of the window, and saw someone putting garbage in a trashcan. He knew this was the boy, because his little finger started twitching, which it always did when he was looking at a target. Enrico took his knife and threw it to David, hoping it would hit him. It missed. David saw the knife flying through the air and ran inside. “We are under attack!” he yelled at Jennifer, “We must leave now!” “Have you taken the trash out?” Jennifer asked.

Not much time later, Jennifer and David drove away with Jennifer's moped, followed by Enrico on his bicycle. “Where are we going?” Jennifer screamed, to be heard above the noise her moped made. “I don't know!” David answered. Meanwhile, Enrico managed to keep up with them surprisingly well.

No comments: